There could be several factors contributing to why the person on the other side of the video monitor cannot hear you:
- Make sure your microphone and speakers are working correctly. Run a Microphone / Speaker test during the session:
- Click the Audio menu in the bottom left of the screen
- Click "Test Mic & Speaker" link as illustrated below
- Click "Test Mic" button. Speak loudly and clearly and watch the indicator below in the Microphone area - color in the indicator confirms that your microphone is working and that participants can hear you - no cursor movement and no color means your microphone is not on, muted, or not working.
- If the blue color indicator does not light up, then:
- Check that your microphone is connected and turned on.
- Some microphones have buttons to mute / un-mute. If you are using a headset it may have a mute switch either on the side of the headset or on the cable that connects to your computer.
- If the person on the other side of the video monitor still cannot hear you, there may be an issue with his / her microphone and/or speakers. Ask them to do the same Microphone / Speaker Test as you just did.